Summer Reading 2023
Registration and program begin on Saturday, June 17th.
Program runs through Saturday, July 29th.
Adults ages 18+, open to residents and non-residents
How to Participate:
Adults must register in person, at the Summer Reading Kickoff Carnival, OR at the Information Desk in the Adult Department, starting on June 17th through July 24th. You will be given your Summer Reading Treasure Map during registration.
A staff member will assist you in signing up and answer any questions you might have at the time of registration.
The Rules are Simple:
1. Register and pick up your Summer Reading Treasure Map.
2. Complete the tasks in any square and mark it off.
3. Each item can only be used to complete one box.
4. When you complete a four tile section, stop by the Information Desk to receive a small treasure and spin the wheel to earn raffle tickets. There are extra activities you can complete to earn extra raffle tickets.
5. Enter your tickets to win for a prize basket.
There will be a new prize basket each week. The winner will be contacted the following Monday and will have one week to pick up their prize. All entries will be submitted toward a special second chance raffle at the end of Summer Reading!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do I have to read for a certain amount of time? Not this year! Our goal this year is to get you reading/watching/listening all the items the library has to offer.
Do I have to read every day? You do not have to read every day. Although, we think it is a great idea if you do!
Do I have to read Library Books? Yes. The goal is to familiarize you with the library and our collection!
How often should I come to the library for Summer Reading? We suggest visiting the library once a week for Summer Reading to complete as many boxes on your Summer Reading Treasure Map as possible. Always remember to bring your sheet!
What happens if I lose my Summer Reading Treasure Map? We can provide you with a new sheet and mark off the sections that you have already collected raffle tickets for. But we highly suggest that you keep it in a safe place!